Afghanistan ‘The London Conference’ January 2010
The London Conference on Afghanistan was hosted by the UK at Lancaster House in London. This historic venue has been the site of numerous high-profile meetings and Brähler UK was appointed to provide the simultaneous interpretation and microphone systems for this key meeting. Inside Lancaster House, Brähler installed interpreter booths and push to talk microphones, including automatic cameras controlled by the discussion system and a microphone queuing system.
In nearby Green Park, marquees were erected to host press conferences and Brähler installed interpretation systems and press audio distribution feeds for all of the languages, including 1,000 delegate receivers and headsets.
- Plenary system composed of a 9-channel interpretation system for 250 delegates
- Relay to 600 delegates in a separate marquee.
- Supplied 90 unit DC10 microphone system integrated with a 5-dome camera system relaying “talking head” pictures to the interpreters and to watching delegates in other areas.
- Post conference press briefing in adjoining temporary structures for 6 languages using the CDSVAN interpretation system
- 600 Infrared receivers for local and international media
- 30 separate sound-proof booths in the press areas for use by radio broadcasters.